Sunday, September 9, 2012

Prarie Arts 5K!

A couple of months ago, one of my besties (Emily) asked me to do a run with her in West Point on Labor Day Saturday!  At the time, it sounded like a GREAT idea (but then when I got up at the butt-crack of dawn to get to West Point to RUN...I was thinking... "Tell me again why this is fun?")  HA!  But it really was a fun time to get to catch up with Emily and Hal!  We don't get to see each other nearly enough!  Of course, Emily (and Natalie) are training for a half marathon in October, and I had pretty much quit running all summer, so I was struggling to keep up!  But, we made it in under our goal of 30 minutes!!!
Amy (Emily's sis-in-law), Emily, and me before the race!

Me and Emily after the race!
Me- 29.47 minutes; Emily-29.45 minutes!  GO US!!

Emily and Hal!

Hal won 2nd overall!! He finished in less than 20 minutes!!!  Way to go Hal! (I know...makes me sick too!)
 
So...I guess my running has officially kicked off again!  Next race...October 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment