Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Emma- Cheering in Destin!

The national cheer competition is held in Destin, FL each year, so this past weekend we got to go to the beach!!  I took off 10 whole days from work (!) and me, the girls, and LoLo and PaPa headed south! (You know Nick is a fuddy-dud when it comes to vacation and the beach! ;)  We left Friday and the competition was a 2 day event!  Emma's team competed at 9:28am on Saturday morning and at 9:28 on Sunday morning.  Saturday, we had the rest of the day to hang out at the beach, and Sunday was the award's ceremony at noon!  (It actually worked out perfectly, because Sunday was stormy all day, and so we got to stay and watch the other DCA teams compete!)  It was a huge competition with lots of GREAT teams!  It just amazes me how much even the little kids can do!  Emma is hooked!!!  She absolutely loves it, so I guess we've got a little cheer leader on our hands!  (I know...I know...nothing like you would have expected from me!!)  Emma's "Tiny" team got 3rd overall and did an EXCELLENT job!!!
Anna Claire and Emma!

Yay Sissy!



DCA Tiny Team!



I'm officially a cheer mom!!


They had a professional photographer/ videographer at the competition and I sat with the photographer and got him to get some AWESOME pics of Emma on Sunday!!  I ordered the disc, but took a few pictures of the screen with my phone.  These are horrible and you can even see my shadow of my head, so I will replace these with the ones off the disc when it comes in, but just so you get the idea...

Going up in her "Flex" stunt!
LOVE the faces!!  She's really into it!! (She even has Madi practicing their "cheer faces"!)
"Hitch"
Turning her around while up top!
"High V"
Then "Cradle"!  (I'm having to learn all the cheer lingo!)
I love this one!
Yay Emma!! We are so proud of our little performer!









No comments:

Post a Comment