Monday, December 23, 2013

Emma's 6th Birthday pARTy!!

We put the ART in pARTy for Emma's birthday this year!! It was definitely a very fun Pinterest-inspired party! (What in the world did we do before Pinterest??). I highly recommend this rainbow paint party theme to anyone with 5-7 yr old kids! I will be definitely be repeating for Madi in a few years!! It actually was pretty easy and on the low spending side! And most of all...the kids LOVED it!  Happy birthday Emma!  I know I say this all the time but I really can not believe how fast she is growing up! She is such a sweet, smart, sassy, 6 going on 16 girlie girl and we all love her to pieces!!!

LoLo was gracious enough to let us use her garage (since we have a carport that is open on both sides) just in case the weather was bad (since you never know in December) and thank goodness she did since it was freezing rain and kind of nasty outside! We used polka dot plastic table cloths to jazz up the walls!
I absolutely loved how cute her rainbow cake turned out!!  And it didn't hurt that it was also absolutely delicious!
We used paint swatches (free!) as thank you cards and let Emma write on them! Everybody also got a little paint set with brush!
I had this picture printed and will probably do this for every birthday until 18! I just listed several of her favorite things and will put it in her birthday party scrapbook ! Emma painted a foam board for the frame for the party! I also loved how cute (and tasty ) the paint brush Rice Krispie treats turned out! LoLo and I learned that the easiest way to make these is to make homemade icing, tint with food coloring, and dip. (The almond bark did not tint well, just FYI!)
I also set up a rainbow candy bar with plastic canisters from the Dollar Tree. The kids really liked using the ice cream scoops to get their candy!

I collected soup cans for a few weeks and used rainbow chevron duct tape to decorate!  These were on the tables with water and brushes in them.  I also collected egg cartons and cut them in 6's so each kid had their own paint supply of the rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple). 
I bought 12x12 canvases from Hobby Lobby and sketched a few designs for the kids to choose and paint. 
The garage door made a perfect gallery display!!
I don't think LoLo's garage has ever looked more cute!! ;)








Emma's masterpiece!
Family photo minus Madi...she was actually still napping for the first part of the party.  And even though it's a no-no I woke her up (because I didn't want her to miss the whole thing!) and she still wasn't in the best of moods!

Yummy!!! There was not even a glob of icing left after the party it was so good!!

Mary Collins liked the Rice Krispie treats!
Since several of the kids painted faster than others, we set up Twister for the ones done to play! I had to teach Emma how to play beforehand! Taking it back old school! 
All 26 kids and their masterpieces displayed!!
Mary Collins and Madi in front, then (left to right): Preston, Layla, Hannah, Vance, Sarah Grace, Addie Moss, Rheagan Morris, Elizabeth, Lydia, Bella, Emma, Lilly, Fayth, Hollie Grace, Thomas, Mary Evelyn, Collin, Vivian Claire, Georgia Kate, Emma Pittman, Lanie, and Aubrey. (Emily and Megan not pictured)

Close-ups so you can see the kiddos and their works of art!





Each guest got to sit by Emma when she opened their gift! I got this idea from a party we went to this summer and it REALLY helps cut down on the craziness that comes with little kids and opening presents! Plus I got a pic of Emma with each guest!
Everybody except MC thought it was a good idea too! ;)





Happy Birthday "Sissy"!! We love you! And yes...she's already started planning next year's party! Such my kid! ;)







































No comments:

Post a Comment