Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Once a Month Cook!

I recently saw a couple of blogs titled "once a month cook", and LoLo and I decided we'd give it a try! The idea is to cook up a bunch of meals and freeze them at one sitting so you only have to heat up supper at night!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!  Don't get me wrong...it was a LOT of work and we were exhausted after cooking for 6 hours, but totally worth it!  We ended up freezing 16 meals each that consisted of : chicken and dressing, pork chop casserole, lasagna, spaghetti, chicken and rice, taco soup, roast and potatoes, and ground beef (for quick hamburger helper or tacos). We even prepared a couple of side dishes like ranch potatoes and sweet potato casserole.  Here's a few pics:
Ta-da!!!  My freezer stash!
This has literally revolutionized our nighttime routine!! Our goal was to be able to make enough for 4 meals per week. It takes about 15-20 minutes to heat the main meal up in the oven and we usually open up some canned vegetable to go with it. Awesome, home-cooked meal in 20 minutes! And clean up is a breeze...just toss! This process has given me an extra hour at night with the girls to play! And it is cheaper because we don't throw half the meal away like usual!! I highly recommend to all of my mommy friends that work!!








No comments:

Post a Comment