Saturday, April 7, 2012

Run Forrest Run!!

In order to TRY and shed those extra baby pounds, I started doing the Couch to 5K in September!!  I have really enjoyed getting into running and it has definitely helped me lose some weight...since I don't even know the meaning of the word "diet!"  My mom has been running for a year and a half, so we decided this Spring, we would do some 5ks together!  FBC Tupelo hosted the Ressurrection Run this morning and LoLo and I did GREAT!!  Chase also decided to run with us!!  Mom and I had hoped to complete it in 35 minutes, and I ran it in 31 minutes 24 seconds and mom did 34 minutes and 49 seconds!!  GO US!! Chase thought a 5k wouldn't be challenging enough, so he decided to push Thomas (an extra 40 pounds)!  And since I beat him, he of course used that as an excuse! :)



Madi and Emma cheered us on!


This is me finishing strong!  (Excuse how I look...I am definitely not one of those "pretty" runners!)


LoLo nearing the finish line!

Thomas even ran the last little bit to the finish line!


We were very proud of ourselves and are planning on doing another next Saturday!

1 comment: