Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gum Tree 10k!

I completed my first 10K and Emma completed her first 2K at the Gum Tree this year!!  Emma has been asking to do a Fun Run at one of the races that LoLo and I have been doing.  LoLo had already decided that she wasn't going to tackle the 10K (and I had just about decided not to try it either, but Miranda said she wanted to do it, so we gave it a shot!), so she volunteered to do the 1 mile run with Emma and Thomas!  They took the stroller, but ended up not needing it, because the kiddos ran almost the whole time!

Sarah Grace and all the Jacksons did the Gum Tree too!

LoLo and Emma aka "racing buddies"!

Me and Emma before the race!

Emma and Thomas in the double jogging stroller.

We're ready to run!!

Madi is cheering for the race team! (She doesn't see what the big deal is about these races...they are a stroll in the park for her!)

Anna Claire (at like 6 months preggo!) and Thomas before the race!

This is a picture of the 10K participants right before the gun shot blast off!  There were over 1000 runners that participated in the Gum Tree!

There I come!  I ran all 6.2 miles except for about 0.5 mile!  Miranda and I had set a goal to finish in 1 hr and 15 minutes, and I did it in 1 hr and 2 or 4 minutes! (My endomundo app on my phone said 1 hr 4 min, the race sheet at the end of the race said 1 hr 2 min, and the paper that Sunday said 1 hr. 4 min, so who knows??!)  Either way, I was pretty excited about my first 10K time!


Not a very pretty finish, but a finish all the same!!


Madi congratulating me after a great finish!
(She was really licking me beacuse I was pretty salty! ;)

Miranda finished less than our goal of 1hr 15 minutes too!!!  And this was her very first race to do...if you're gonna go...go all out!!

Mary-Evelyn and Emma enjoying our snacks and Gatorade after the race!

Me and Miranda with our medals!!!  We were very proud of ourselves for doing such a great job...and not having to be ccarried over the finish line in an ambulance! 

Next year's goal:  LESS THAN 1 HOUR!!!  Bring it!!

1 comment:

  1. You should REALLY sign up for the half with me and Em. :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete