Sunday, October 13, 2013

Earrings!

Emma has been begging to get her ears pierced! I was kind of putting her off -not because I didn't want her to have them, but because I don't have holes in my ears! Let me clarify...I don't have holes in my ears ANYMORE! I have had my ears pierced twice with the gun and twice with the old fashion needle thru your ear then into the bar of soap! I'm apparently very allergic to any kind of jewelry and didn't want my ear to fall off, so I've had to let them grow up. I just didn't want to have to deal with any infected ears on Emma and knew if they didn't turn out how she planned, she'd be very upset and hate them! But (as you can see) I finally gave in and let her do them a week ago. I had told her for her 6th birthday (which is only 2 months away btw!) but decided to go ahead and do it now so they'd be well by her birthday and Christmas!  Her ears have done PERFECTLY and she didn't even flinch when she had them done!
And I must admit, they look very pretty on her ...and very grown up, which makes me a little sad too! She planned it just in time for Kindergarten picture day!





1 comment:

  1. I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading about the great story about your older daughter Emma getting her ears pierced. Your story reminded of a funny experience when we had our 5 year old ears pierced and didn't have her sibling ears pierced on the same day.

    After piercing our ODD's ears, we came home and showed daddy. He really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had her sister, a 2 yr old toddler girl ears pierced! I didn't know what to say, but then our 5 yr chimed in saying she wanted her sissy to have matching earrings like hers (CZ studs). I told hubby maybe her younger sib was too young? Wrong. Now my family was ganging up on me!

    Everyone wanted BOTH my girls to have pierced ears since they were so close and shared everything!

    The next day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our 5 yr had gotten a pair of my earrings and was trying to put them in her younger sister's ears! She almost put one in her ear canal!
    Dh laughed and told me, I told you that you should have pierced all the girls ears. Please take her sisters to have them pierced before we had to take her to the ER or to remove an earring!

    Well, I asked our ped about doing the toddler. To my surprise, she encouraged me to go ahead and have them done if I wanted it and was comfortable caring for them. She said it was best when mommy can care for them properly causing fewer problems. It was summer time and I had a little more time so guess what...both my girls got their ears pierced ears within a week. My barely cried a tear. Our girls now have matching earrings and wear the same earrings. All the girls have matching earrings and are so cute.

    Don't know if you've considered having your YDD's ears pierced. Admittedly, I don't know why I didn't do all the girls that same day, however, looking back it actually was a good idea and it wasn't even mine :) I was the only one who needed convincing.

    If you remotely thought of having your YDD's ears pierced, maybe your mommy intuition is telling you to do it.

    Sounds like you've found a great place and people to do it. Hopefully, you can avoid her sister trying to put one of your earrings in her younger sisters' ears wanting to be like mommy and her sister. Promise if you have your YDD's ears pierced now, both girls will look adorable in their upcoming holiday pictures with cute earrings :)

    Amy
    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete