Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trick or Treat?!

Halloween was not quite what I had planned this year! Since Jessica and I had to "close" for the month on the 31st and Vanguard decided to completely redo our billing infrastructure (don't ask...just means we had a LOT of work to do in a SHORT amount of time!!!), I knew we wouldn't be done until around midnight ...which I was correct. So, being the over-achieving, try-to-do-everything mom I aspire to be, I searched everywhere to find something for the girls to do in their cute costumes Wednesday night and had made plans for them to spend the night with LoLo to go to Pontotoc church to trunk-or-treat with Thomas and Mary Collins on Thursday night! I (last minute) heard that one of the neighborhoods in Tupelo had decided to TOT on Wednesday night since the weather was supposed to be bad on Thursday night! So that's what we did!!
My two tu-tu cute giraffes!! ;)

Madi was a little hesitant at first, so Emma handled the first couple of houses by herself!


The neighborhood was actually having a block party at a vacant lot, so lots of houses just left candy outside for the kids. (Which Madi actually preferred, but Emma said "well that's no fun...we don't even get to say trick-or-treat!")


All Madi picked out was suckers, and all Emma got was chocolate!

So much fun!!

So then Thursday, LoLo went to Emma's Halloween party at school while I picked up Madi. We had planned to meet at the mall so I could see the girls for a little bit before going back to work and them going to cheer then Pontotoc, but LoLo actually got sick (some sort of stomach virus), so I dropped Emma off at cheer and met Nick with Madi. And it was pouring rain and we didn't have power at our house for a while... Yuck!! So I worked till midnight and the girls didn't go to Pontotoc. Bummer! I did do cute little Halloween cards! (That didn't come in until after Halloween and that I still haven't mailed out...oh well! Better late than never this year!!)










No comments:

Post a Comment