Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm a big kid now!

It seems that Emma has grown/ matured sooooo much this summer!  On one hand, I'm so proud of her and all of her accomplishments, but on the other it makes me want to cry thinking how fast she is growing up!!  Sometimes I think to myself, "You're HOW old?" because she talks and acts so growny!  I tell most people she is 3 going on 12...and it really seems like it is going by that fast!  She now can recognize ALL the letters in the alphabet and can tell you the sound most of them make.  If you ask her a word, she can usually tell you what letter it starts with!  I feel confident she will be reading by the time she turns 4 in December!  This summer she has also learned to swim!  She took 2 weeks of swimming lessons with Mrs. Mimi and now can swim under water the width of the shallow end!  I am particularly proud of this b/c before swimming lessons, she wouldn't even put her face in the water!

This is Emma at swimming lessons!

Also, Emma decided she wanted to learn to ride her bike without training wheels!!  So, every night for the last 2 weeks she has had her Daddy outside running beside her while she practiced.  On Saturday night, July 9th, she informed us "I think I can do it without you now Daddy!"  and off she went!  Again, I was so proud but had to choke back the tears!  Here's some pics of her first bike ride without training wheels all by herself!









No comments:

Post a Comment