Thursday, July 21, 2011

One for the Baby Book!

Emma has always done everthing exceptionally early...rolled over: 3 months, sat up: 5 months, crawing everywhere: 5 1/2 months, walking everywhere: 7 1/2 months...the list goes on and on!  Her only hang-up thus far has been POOP!! Two weeks after Emma's second birthday, we took off the Pull-Ups and went strictly with big girl panties!  And again, Emma accepted the challenge with ease!  She maybe had 3-4 pee-pee accidents the first week, but since then...NONE...not even at night!!  She has never wet the bed!!  However, she REFUSED to put her "poo-poo rocks" (as she calls them) in the potty!  Instead, she would tell me she needed to poop, bring me a Pull-Up, I'd put it on her, and then she would go hide to do her little "poo-poo dance" for about 30-40 minutes, then come and tell me she was done and I'd put her panties back on.  I figured this would just be a little phase for a couple of months and then she would eventually poop in the potty...  Well, it's been a year and a half!!!  Don't think "phases" are supposed to last that long!! After talking to several moms, however, this does seem to be more common than I thought...especially among girls.  And, in Emma's defense, she has always had a really hard time "going #2".  We have tried our share of Glycerin Suppositories, Pedia-Lax enemas, and stool softeners.  I still have to give her Miralax everyday just to get her to go every 3 or 4 days.  Well, about 2 months ago, I decided this had been going on long enough.  We were down to our last pack of Pull-Ups and I told Emma that I would not buy anymore and that she would have to put her poo-poo in the potty.  She has been "rashioning" that last pack so, we just ran out this past week!  I felt kind of bad, b/c I could tell it really stressed her out to even think about pooping in the potty, but I stuck to my guns and did not buy Pull-Ups!!  And HALLELUJAH!!!  EMMA POOPED IN THE POTTY ON JULY 20, 2011!!!  She was so proud of herself and believe me... Me and LoLo made a HUGE deal about this!!!  We have gone on and on about what a big girl she is!!  I have never been so excited about poop in my entire life!!

2 comments:

  1. This story cracks me up!

    Way to go, Emma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Elise still won't poo poo in the potty. The other day she cried and cried and said, with the saddest voice ever, "I'll never be potty trained." It broke my heart. She said when she turns 4 (which is next month) that she is going to start poo-pooing in the potty. Let's hope so....

    Good job, Emma!

    ReplyDelete