Friday, July 29, 2011

Welcome Madi!

Madi is here!!  She decided she would come 2 weeks before my due date!  At midnight Saturday night I got up to go to the bathroom, as always, but to my surprise my water broke!!!  Since this was completely new to me (they had to break my water with Emma), I wasn't quite sure if that was what was going ont, but decided that we should go on to the hospital... just in case!  It was just like out of a movie!  I was finishing throwing stuff in bags while Nick was throwing stuff in the car! We even went through a roade block on the way to the hospital! CRAZY!!  After we got to the hospital, it was clear that my water had broke and we would get to meet Madi soon!  I was very disappointed that my doctor (Dr. Turner) was not on call, but ended up really liking Dr. Hudson.  He started me on pitocin about 2 am.  My contractions got REALLY bad about 4am.  I was 4 cm at this point and by the time I got my epidural (at 5:45am) I was 7 cm.  At 6 am I was 9 cm and Madilyn Lee Carroll was born at 7:07am Sunday, July 24, 2011.  No one (not even the doctor) expected me to have her so quickly!!  Especially not me!  I had a long terrible labor with Emma, so this one went much better!!  She ended up only being 7 lbs 12 oz because she was 2 weeks early...which was fine with me!!  She is such a great baby!!  She's very content and eats and sleeps very well.  She loves listening to Emma and Emma loves holding her and helping me feed her a bottle!  Emma is adjusting well to her whole world changing...only 1 major melt down and a couple of "acting out" moments.  She really loves Madi and can't wait for her to be big enough to play (or probably boss her around ;)!!

Here's some pics from the hospital and Madi's first few days!!
Our first family of four photo!

big sis and big cuz meeting Madi



I love this one!  She's so happy to have room to stretch out!

Proud big sister!





My awesome door hanger!  Thanks Aunt Anna Claire!!


Two day checkup!



Think they look alike??

  Madi at about 30 minutes old              Emma at about 30 minutes old


Another 1 day picture of Emma

Definitely gonna have to label the backs of baby pics to tell them apart...
or just make sure every outfit is monogrammed!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Madi is beautiful, and so is her precious big sister. You look awesome for just having a baby!

    So happy for you guys! Loved the post and can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete