Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Emma-isms"

So I have really gotten into this whole blogging thing!!  I only feel kind of bad b/c I will get to capture all of Madi's "firsts", but didn't get to with Emma :(  Well, of course I have all of Emma's "firsts" in her scrapbook, but I wish I had an online version like this one to be able to reference and share anytime... may have to do a "catch-up" for Emma! 

Anyways, I definitely want to remember all of Emma's funny sayings, so I am trying to jot down a few "Emma-isms":
  • You know how if you are saying something like "I look cute in this dress, don't I?"...Emma always says "I look cute in this, do I?"
  • She loves to tell "chokes" (jokes).  Her favorite is "Why did the _____ cross the road?  To get to the gas station!  That's a good one, isn't it Mommy?"  She got this from a joke we told her to try to remember... "Why did the turtle cross the road?  To get to the Shell station", but she gets it all mixed up and thinks it is hillarious!
  • "You're killin' me!"...We owe this one to her Daddy...thanks Nick!  My barely 3 year old was walking around telling people "you're killin' me!" when they were getting on her nerves!
  • On the same note, she usually mistakes "kidding" with "killing", so she says "i'm just killin' you!"
  • She loves to go to the "nu-vies" (movies).  I don't know why, but she has always called it this, and can obviously say the "moo" sound.  When we try to correct her, she matter-of-factly says "Well, that's what I call it."
  • She has been saying for over a year now that she was going to marry Preston (Lindley) when he turned 5.  Well, he turned 5 in September.  I told her she couldn't get married until she was 25 and her response to me was "Mom...little kids get married all the time, I've seen them!"  (Talking about the flower girl and ring bearer of course!)
  • Since her name is Emma Reese Carroll, she thinks EVERYBODY'S middle and last name are "Reese Carroll," so we have: Mommy Reese Carroll, LoLo Reese Carroll, Fayth Reese Carroll, etc.  She says that Madi's name is Madi Madilyn Reese Carroll!
These are just a few of the MANY things Emma says that make us giggle...I swear she NEVER hushes!!  She even talks in her sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment