Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soccer Game #2

I was shocked that Emma's team got to play their game last night!  It had been forcasting rain by 9am, so I was sure they would get rained out.  I was kind of hoping they would because Emma had a little relapse with the sinus crud this past weekend and ran fever Saturday night.  I brought her up to the clinic Sunday afternoon and Manda said her ears were full and her throat was red.  She got a shot in the booty (and she didn't even cry!!! such a big girl!!) and 10 days of Omnicef, so I didn't let her go to practice Monday night because I wanted her to get to feeling better AND just knew they wouldn't be able to play...shows how much I know!  And the Weather Channel!  It didn't rain, but boy did it turn COLD!!!  We were freezing!  That's how I remember playing soccer...seems like it is always 20 degrees colder at the soccer fields than anywhere else!  Well, Mom-of-the-Year here didn't even pack Emma's long sleeves and leggings!  As usual, LoLo saved the day!! She took Emma over to our house and got her dressed (warmly) and took her to the field for their pictures and game.  Emma had all of her grandparents at the game last night...LoLo, PaPa, Papa Tony, Cee Cee, Mammaw Nancy, and Mr. Ronny!  She was so excited that everyone braved the cold temps to come see her play!  Our team didn't do quite as well, or either the other team was just better than last week's team, but Emma had a great time playing!!  (I keep telling myself that that's what's important! ;)

Waiting for her turn to go in...I think she has just as much fun on the sidelines!

Going in the game!

She kicked off this time!


The other team had some really big girls!  Emma looked like the runt!


Playing in the dirt!

Kicking the ball in!  Daddy, Ronny, and Mammaw Nancy in the background.
LoLo parked at the end of the field there so she could keep Madi inside the vehicle and out of the wind!

Go Emma Go!!


Poor girls were freezing!!  None of us expected it to be that cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment