Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Emma the Soccer Star!

Emma had her first soccer game last night!  She was so excited...and so was I!  Nick has been taking Emma to all the practices, b/c they start at 6 and I don't get off until 6, and b/c I wanted to keep Madi inside as much as possible.  So I was very excited to see her in action last night!  She did really well!  Emma had said before the game that "I think I'll make a goal!" and was a little dissappointed that she didn't.  This is a 6U league, and Emma won't even be 4 until December, so she is the youngest and the smallest on her team, but she got right in the middle of all of them and went after the ball!  One of the girls on the other team grabbed Emma's shirt and started hitting her!  Mamma Bear almost came out of her chair! Emma just gave the other girl her "Nick look" and looked back at us...like I'm fixing to knock her out!  But she didn't hit her back and kept right on playing.  She hustled very well and even beat the other girls to the ball several times!  We were very proud of her for doing such a great job!  She was proud that Momma, Daddy, Madi, LoLo, PaPa, Uncle Chase, Aunt Anna Claire, and Thomas all came to cheer for her for her first game!  Of course, they don't keep score at this age, but our team scored like 10 goals and the other team only scored 3, so really we won!!

Waiting for her turn to go in!  She was really good to cheer for her teammates!


She was acting a little shy when I first started taking pictures, but she knows the camera is one of my limbs!

Getting instructions from Coach

Ready to go in!

This picture broke my heart when I realized just how tiny she is compared to the other girls!



Go Emma!!  She fought for the ball hard!!

Kicking it back in

When Mom was getting her ready for her game, Emma asked "Does this make me look too skinny?"  HA!  LoLo assured her that she looked tough!!

She really wanted to make a goal!  She did kick it in to one of her teammates, and she scored a goal, so we told Emma she got an assist!  Maybe she can score at the next game!

Emma said she was hustling!!

Cutie-pie is READY!!


Listening to the strategy from Coach!


Love my Emma!!

Telling the other team "good game"

Team Huddle

BEST part of the game??  SNACKS!!


Emma's cheering squad!

1 comment:

  1. I love your adorable soccer star! Reed is playing for the first time this year as well, and he is loving it! I have to admit...I am LOVING it too!

    ReplyDelete