Monday, January 2, 2012

Another Year!

Hello 2012!  It has always been so much fun having my birthday on New Year's Eve!...well, most of the time!  EVERYBODY celebrates my birthday!  I really can not believe that I turned 31 on Saturday...I still think I should be about 25... But, I do think that my 30's are going to be the BEST decade yet!  Why?  NO stress from pharmacy school and NO stress from trying to get pregnant!  I am so in love with my little family and can't wait to see what all God has planned for us this year!  For my birthday, Nick took me (and Jason and Miranda Lindley) out to eat at Fairpark Grill on Friday night! The girls spent the night with LoLo and PaPa! (even though we were home by 8:30! ha!  Such party animals!)  It was Madi's first night away from me, but she had a lot of fun, and I knew she was in good hands!  Emma and LoLo made my birthday cake and cupcakes, so I joined them Saturday morning for a breakfast cupcake!

Emma picked out (all by herself!) a pink scarf and a picture frame for me!  Such a sweet girl!  If you can't tell, she spelled out "MOM" with the flowers she cut out! 

Me and my girls!

Emma icing my strawberry cupcakes!

Singing "Happy Birthday" to Mommy!


We have spent MANY New Year's Eve's with our long-time best friends Miranda and Jon Maynard!  In high school, we always had a New Year's formal on my birthday, and several of those years, we all went together!  After we got married, Nick and I went to their house in Southaven for New Year's. And, since we've had kids, we have gotten together to shoot fireworks!  Here is a picture from New Year's 2 years ago:

The girls weren't too sure about the fireworks back then!

Look at these cutie-pies!
Emma had just turned 2 and Mary-Evelyn would turn 2 in February! 

Miranda and Jon came over Saturday night and we cooked hamburgers and let the girls play and shoot fireworks!  As usual, we had a LOT of fun!

My how they've grown!
 
Mary-Evelyn and Emma playing "beauty pagent!"

Jumping on the trampoline...even in their formal attire!

Miranda and I really wanted a cute "sisters" picture, but this was as good as it got!

Georgia-Kate, Mary-Evelyn, Emma, and Madi!

All of the girls LOVED the fireworks this year!



All the girls!



My biggest resolution for 2012 is to SLOW DOWN and enjoy this precious time with my girls!!  ...And of course to lose those infinite 10 pounds that never go away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment